Since I have left the UK, I have been pondering the idea of doing a blog, but never seemed to have got round to it. I have been keeping a diary which I write in every day, but I have now decided to keep all the info on what I have done/ will be doing on line! Technology these days is great isn't it?!? I will not be doing a blog every day of this trip, but my plan is to do some days in each country. Then I can at least get in things that have happened to us and we don't have to keep looking for WIFI every day, which believe me, is quite hard to find!!

Sunday 5 September 2010

Holland - Rotterdam Monday 9th August 2010 Our first night of paradise....... almost!


Seeing as I haven't started my blog and we are nearly 2 months into our trip, I better start with Rotterdam, the first place that we went to. We actually took no pictures of Rotterdam because it was lackluster, so there will be no pic on this blog. Sorry! Any way, Rotterdam is in Holland and we stayed on a campsite while we were there. Now, we were recommended the campsite by a friend of a friend, and daddy also read about it on a forum whilst looking for campsites in Rotterdam. We arrived at the campsite at about 6pm, and it looked quite nice from the outside. We drove in and the shower block was quite big - always a good sign! The person at reception told us to drive around the corner and just find a spot to pitch our tent. As we drove up to this corner, we passed a very nice turning which had separate plots and nice big caravans in them. We thought 'well that's pretty isn't it! Can't wait to see what we're in for!' We drove into a field with random Motor Homes dotted around. It was quite sunny and warm, so we pitched up our tent next to some people while it was still dry. Our first night wasn't too bad, I woke up on Tuesday morning to count 14 mosquito bites dotted over my body. That day was filled with consistent itching! We went to a market in the town centre and brought lots of nice things, including these awesome waffles! They are round with some sort of caramel in the middle! Minnie (Beth's godmother) and her friend Jani (the person who recommended the campsite) came to our tent to see us on Tuesday afternoon. By that time and probably since 13:00 o'Clock that day, it was chucking it down with rain! As we sat in the tent talking to Minnie, I was finding various tubs to put under random leaks next to the part where the awning joined to the campervan!! That was a wet day!! Nothing better than being in a muddy field in Rotterdam. Especially when you have a shower in their shower block, because it's all grassy as people walk in from the field in muddy and grassy shoes! Good start to the trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment