Since I have left the UK, I have been pondering the idea of doing a blog, but never seemed to have got round to it. I have been keeping a diary which I write in every day, but I have now decided to keep all the info on what I have done/ will be doing on line! Technology these days is great isn't it?!? I will not be doing a blog every day of this trip, but my plan is to do some days in each country. Then I can at least get in things that have happened to us and we don't have to keep looking for WIFI every day, which believe me, is quite hard to find!!

Sunday 26 September 2010

Italy - Alessandria Tuesday 7th September 2010 Mamma mia, here we go again

Yep, that's right, it's Tuesday the 7th and we had to stay in the hostel another night. Know why? BECAUSE THE VW GARAGE IS SO UNRELIABLE, SO MUCH SO, THAT WE DIDN'T KNOW WHEN WERE GOING TO GET OUR VAN BACK! I'm sorry to shout, but when people say 'wow, stuck in Italy isn't so bad! It's better than being at school/in my office', and I think to myself, 'you try living off salami sandwiches 24/7 and having nothing to do'! That's what we had to put up with. Me, daddy and Beth went to the garage on Tuesday and asked them why the van still wasn't fixed, and when it would be fixed. It's funny, because when they told us it would hopefully be on Monday the 13th, they then said 'because that's when the mechanic's back from his holiday'! Why they couldn't have told us he would be on holiday 1 and a 1/2 weeks ago, I don't know. Wait a second, I do, because Italy is so unreliable and they never tell anyone anything, because even they don't know when it will be done. To be honest, the garage don't even seem bothered. To them, we're the 'typical English. Always wanting it done quickly'! But this now means that we had to book the hostel until at least the Monday! So on Wednesday 8th, daddy had to go to the office and see if he can get a discount for the following few days. Any way, for the previous days, we had been trying to make it fun by finding various things to do.

On Saturday, we walked from the middle of the city, to the East side of the city, over to the West side of the city. We were trying to find a swimming pool, and we found one on the East side. The pool was full, but this Italian lady tried to explain that it had closed down. So we walked back across the city and found another pool that was better. It cost €30 though for 4 of us to swim, but the pool was great and hardly anyone were there. There were steps down to the shallow end, and then there was a slope down to a really deep bit where we all did lots of diving! It was great, but even the next day there was still water in my ears, but deep down so I kept hearing some weird sounds!! We had good fun though at the pool and took a bus home. We had to buy a ticket at the newsagents, and the bus driver didn't even check them! So we're going to try and find another day where we can use them again.

On Sunday, we worked out a week ago, that nothing happens on Sunday's in Alessandria. It is literally a ghost town. So we mainly stayed inside the hostel and had a well earned rest. But we did find something really random when we were walking back from the launderette. There was a self service vending machine place, and me and mummy went inside to try and get some change for the Cyber Cafe. When we were in there, there was a vending machine that did ready meals, and next to that was a microwave! So for lunch, we had lasagne! Some hot food at last!! It was actually very good, and because Beth is a vegetarian, she had spinach and ricotta cannelloni. Why they don't have ready meal vending machines in England I don't know! They are so cool! That was probably the most exciting thing that happened to us in the week! We did some more school work that day, so it was nice to know that I was keeping on top of things!

Monday 6th was when my school, Warriner, went back to school. So that day was filled with lots of work. We did two hours solid in the morning and then stopped. But in the afternoon, I did some more English work and some ICT. It would have been Beth's first day at Warriner if we were back at home, so I think she was glad when the clock struck 10am (9am GMT) when I said 'all of the year 7's will be going to their first lesson now'. I must say, and I think she'll agree with me, that she looked quite relieved she wasn't there! The first day at high school is always hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment